Friday, December 4, 2009

MX - Project Two Final


I wanted my site to have a section for information about me/contact and a section to view my work. I wanted the sections to have horizontal movement so you could move back and forth between the two. I simulated this by putting each section in horizontal collapsible panels. The portfolio section functions pretty much the way I intended, containing each project in their own accordion panel. Each project will eventually include description information and a series of images.


what I hoped to learn a basic understanding of html and java script so that there would be some interesting movement


formally I wanted the structure of the accordions/navigation to be invisible and for the work to be revealed by making space for it within the navigation. Before this project I could not understand html or CSS styling so everything here is something I learned for this project. The biggest problem I had was being able to apply CSS styles to certain panels. The solution came when I discovered that the order of the CSS styles was the order they were read in, which determined which ones had priority.


I enjoyed working in html. Yay!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I thought the two different reveal movements work really well and do a good job of separating the two different types of content. It might be interesting if the two interact more with each other. Instead of the work being contained in the projects bar have it be the main content with the horizontal reveals pushing aside the projects. It would help to have the ability to close the drawers. Otherwise it looks really good and with a few tweaks and some designing it will be awesome!

alicia rosas said...

Hey Logan,

Your website seems really easy to use and it presents the work nice and cleanly. I like the expandable menu, but I wonder if the project menu would benefit from having actual names rather than one, two, three. That way it's a little bit easier to remember what you clicked on when you're navigation through the work. When you start organizing the work within that menu, you could probably also utilize colors to divide your sections-- maybe blue is print work and red is interactive. Otherwise I'd say it's pretty clearly organized.

I agree with what was said in crit! If you could have a full bleed image within that container, or if you want to use the scrolling script that I used, it would both be really nice ways to show the work inside that space. It'd be nice to see more than one image of each project.

I think the site is a nice way of utilizing the infinite space of the webpage and making it seem more dynamic than a static site. I'm happy you got it figured out!